Bar10der autumn cocktails, recipes to keep you warm!
Sadly, the leaves are beginning to fall, the streets are covered in puddles and we begin to consistently exhale condensation, but lets not be down about it, and look at the positives. You get to cosy up indoors whilst the autumnal scenery transforms outside, with family and friends, or finally get that good old quality alone time by the fire (in an ideal world). And, most importantly, you become your own bartender, so you decide the beverages you drink, hot or cold.
Lets not try and deny that it is the end of summer, no need to be transfixed on the swimming costume and sunglasses anymore, pick up the cocktail glasses instead.I have complied a list of my favourite warming autumnal cocktail recipes, with two martini recipes! With the help of the Bar10der these make staying in very entertaining, just remember to drink in moderation.
Blood Orange-Jalapeno Margaritas (makes two drinks)
- 120m jalapeño-infused silver tequila
- 100ml fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
- 30ml fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 100ml Cointreau
- Slice up a fresh jalapeño pepper and allow it to steep in 1 cup of tequila for 2 hours. Taste to check the heat level, and continue to steep if a stronger infusion is desired
- Once infusing process is complete, remove the slices by pouring the mixture through strainer.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass. Optional garnish: salt the rim of the glass.
Ginger Spiced Caramel Apple Martini (makes two drinks)
- 50ml vodka
- 90ml ginger infused vodka
- 35ml butterscotch schnapps
- 30ml sour apple schnapps
- Agave syrup
- Gingersnap cookies
- Rim martini glass with agave syrup and crumbled gingersnap cookies at set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice.
- Shake vigorously and pour into martini glasses.
- Garnish with a quarter slice of apple and/or 1 star anise.
Pomegranate Martinis (makes four drinks)
- 200ml chilled good quality gin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate syrup
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a medium pitcher or bowl, stir the gin, fruit juices, and syrup together.
- Divide among 4 martini glasses. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Give these cocktail recipes a try and let Bar10der know how it goes. We promise if you’re feeling cold, this will give you the temporary warmth. If you have any other favorites please do not hesitate and share them on our Facebook and Twitter.